Please submit resumes by December 10, 2017 to Gary@citrusresearch.org
JOB TITLE Coordinator of Grants & Contracts
DEPARTMENT Research Administration
REPORTS TO President
CLASSIFICATION Full-Time, Exempt
LOCATION Visalia, California
The Citrus Research Board (CRB) is a grower-funded California marketing order operating under the authority of the California Department of Food and Agriculture. The CRB’s mission is to ensure a sustainable California citrus industry for the benefit of growers by prioritizing, investing in and promoting sound science. Much of this work is accomplished through research projects awarded by the CRB.
The Coordinator of Grants & Contracts’ responsibilities include the preparation, execution and monitoring of research contracts, including federal grants and sub-awards. The Coordinator of Grants & Contracts is also responsible for ensuring compliance with all terms of CRB contracts and state and federal grants.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• Preparation and submission of research contracts and sub-awards.
• Work with research funding organizations to achieve increased resources for CRB research.
• Work independently with USDA, CDFA and the various research institutions to achieve contract language universally beneficial.
• Work with CDFA legal counsel and independent counsel for intellectual property as necessary.
• Monitor research projects for proper reporting, invoicing and compliance.
• Maintain detailed files of awards, contracts, invoices and claims in order to successfully navigate multiple audits.
• Proofread contracts and ensure all contract terms/requirements are included.
• Keep research files current and organized.
• Meet with the President on a weekly basis.
• Communicate effectively with finance department staff, research department staff, researchers and contract and accounting personnel.
• Successfully receive applications for Use of Unspent Funds and see that they are properly considered by the Chief Research Scientist, the President and the board.
• Assist in the organization of and preparation of research documents for workshops, seminars, program reviews, and other meetings.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge of :
• Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Power Point.
• Adobe Acrobat, including preparation of fillable forms.
• Dropbox and Agiloft .
• Basic understanding of scientific citrus research terms.
• Professional office procedures.
• Organization and maintaining accurate records.
• Preparation of research contracts and federal sub-awards.
• Maintaining compliance with contractual terms of research contracts and federal awards.
• Preparing detailed and accurate spreadsheets.
• Writing and use of proper grammar and correct spelling.
• Communication to the research department, finance department, President and board regarding contract issues, status of spending and claims, status of unspent funds, etc.
• Prepare and administer research contracts including federal sub-awards.
• Be a self-starter, take initiative and work independently.
• Work cooperatively with other employees and agencies.
• Compose letters and memos.
• Be a team player and a good representative of the Citrus Research Board.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
A combination of experience and education that provides the required knowledge, skill, and ability is required. This would typically include:
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Familiarity with federal and state grant regulations.
• Work experience in a university, governmental or other contracts office.
• Science background and familiarity desirable.
• Possession of a valid California Driver’s License with a clean driving record.
• Occasional out-of-town, multi-day business trips may be necessary.
The CRB is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, marital status, religion, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, or veteran status or other characteristic protected by the law.